Unless you’re an architect or designer, chances are you don’t know a ton about home architecture styles. Although each style has its own defining characteristics, the details aren’t so obvious when you don’t know what you’re looking for. We know this process can be tricky, but don’t worry! To help you make the most informed decision possible, we’ve described the different house plans offered at Ville de Côté Gelée. All of our styles have been designed by Manuel Builders to bring you the best new homes in Broussard, LA.
CLASSIC ACADIAN HOMES
With Louisiana’s Acadian history, it only makes sense that our homes in Broussard, LA have a strong presence of French-style architecture. Historically, French provincial style architecture has many variations. For Côté Gelée, we stick to the classics. That means beautifully arched windows, strong brick exteriors, and steep hipped roofing.
- The St. Michael I house plan has 1,641 square feet, three bedrooms and two bathrooms. Interesting features include a very spacious master closet, and the utility closet is located right outside the master bedroom.
- The Viola I and II each have three bedrooms and two bathrooms. Both of these house plans clock in at 1,769 square feet and have very similar interior layouts. The differences lie in their exterior designs, specifically their front porches
- The Asher plan, with four bedrooms, two full bathrooms, and one powder room, has 1,955 square feet.
Are you a fan of “Fixer Upper” and Joanna Gaines? Then you may find yourself favoring our Farmhouse style homes with our Alder house plan! Fun fact: the farmhouse was developed for function rather than style because they were simpler and less expensive for the homeowner to build themselves. It turns out, we love this minimalist architecture style in our modern culture—we simply couldn’t leave it out of our community of homes in Broussard, LA!
The Alder plan has three bedrooms and two bathrooms and 1,697 square feet. As the farmhouse style is known for, this house plan has a nice front porch. The roofing is marked by their simplicity. They’re not overly steeped and cascade over the simple exterior siding.
Do you prefer the island style? You can have that at Côté Gelée with our West Indies house plan, the Allemond I. This type of architecture originated from the Caribbean and British Islands in the late 18th century and 19th century. Our Allemond plan emulates this style of houses with shutters, metal roofing, and a mixture of stucco and siding exterior.
The Allemond West Indies plan has 1,790 square feet filled with three bedrooms, two bathrooms, one powder room, and even an office.
Heritage architecture pays homage to the region’s traditional architecture. Therefore these house plans have a little bit of everything, combining beautiful brick lays, stucco, and siding exteriors. The windows have bold shutters and entryways have steep arches, too. You’ll find that the heritage house plans are among the most welcoming of homes in Broussard, LA.
- Allemond Heritage I is a very similar interior layout to its Caribbean counterpart with three bedrooms, two bathrooms, one powder room, and 1,790 square feet.
- With the Orleans I and II house plans, you can choose the exterior design you prefer from the two, almost identical, layouts. These have three full-sized bedrooms, office space, and two bathrooms at 1,803 square feet.
- The Chevalier Heritage plan places the dining room at the front of your home, nestled between the living room and kitchen. The windows offer plenty of natural light. These spacious plans have 1,978 square feet filled with three bedrooms and two bathrooms.
- The Madeline Heritage house plan is our two-story plan, complete with four bedrooms, three bathrooms, totaling to 2,165 square feet.
HOMES FOR EVERYONE!
No matter your style, you can’t go wrong with one of Côté Gelée’s masterfully designed homes in Broussard, LA. These houses are now available for purchase. Are you interested in custom building your home? We have lots available in our neighborhood. Please visit our website to submit any questions!